What is the playlist?
Instead of traditional chapters and chapter titles in the book What If There’s Nothing?, the book is separated into tracks. For example, Track One is Smile Like You Mean It, The Killers. The chapters create a mixtape that the main character, Sam, once made when he was growing up. Each song is meant to match what is happening in the chapter both in sound and lyrics.
- 1. Smile Like You Mean It – The Killers
- 2. Spiral Gaze – Off Road Minivan
- 3. Black Gives Way To Blue – Alice In Chains
- 4. Skin To Skin – Movements
- 5. Fear Yourself/Jesus Wept – Emery
- 6. Timothy – As Cities Burn
- 7. Living Apology – Movements
- 8. Sad & Guilty Ways – Kids In The Way
- 9. Blur – Anchor & Braille
- 10. Wolves – Us In Motion
- 11. Vanish – Thousand Below
- 12. On My Teeth – Underoath
- 13. Wisher – Terminal